At OPD, we are happy to help you understand the details of your insurance. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about your treatment or insurance policy.
For patients WITH Dental Insurance – we will gladly (electronically) send a list of the charges to your insurance company:
- Should the insurance company respond with an EXPLANATION OF BENEFITS, patients are only responsible for paying the fee difference (if any) on the day services are provided. The EXPLANATION OF BENEFITS, is a message from the insurance company that coverage is confirmed and payment is forthcoming.
- Should the insurance company respond with a CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, patients are responsible for the full payment on the day of treatment. The CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGEMENT is a message from the insurance company that they have received the claim and are not able to confirm payment until further review.
- If your insurance company does not accept electronic billing and request that the claim be manually sent, you must pay in full on the day the services were provided.
For patients WITHOUT Dental Insurance:
- Payment for your appointment is due on the day the services are provided
- Contact the team for details on our payment plan policy